Some of you have been in "summer mode" for a while now, but for us, summer starts now! My kids are both finally done with school and ready to blast into summer, though I am hoping to float into summer like I'm on a raft on a lazy river.
And what's summer without books?
For me, it's the best time to read, whether poolside, on the treeswing in our backyard or in the air conditioning in our reading corner when it's too hot or buggy to be outside. I feel like I can pick up a book while my kids swim, play with friends, or are reading on their own with me.
Just in case you need any help finding great Christian fiction to read this summer, think of me as your personal librarian, offering up a great list of the newest releases in whatever genre is your favorite!
So, here is my 2013 Guide to Summer Reading: Fiction Edition! Not that I'm reading all of these this summer--but I'd sure like to!
I've broken them down by category. Click on the book title below the image to read more about each book.
Suspense (my favorite!)
1. When a Secret Kills by Lynette Eason
2. Unholy Hunger by Heather James
3. The Living Room by Robert Whitlow (coming in July)
4. Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes
5. When Mockingbirds Sing by Billy Coffey
6. A Plain Scandal by Amanda Flowers
7. Stress Test by Richard Mabry, MD
8. The Judgment Stone by Robert Liparulo
9. Memory's Door by James Rubart (coming in July)
10. Afloat by Erin Healy
11. Talon by Ronie Kendig
12. Truth-Stained Lies by Terri Blackstock
13. An Open Heart by Harry Kraus
14. The King by Steven James (coming in July)
15. Fearless by Mike Delosso
16. Congo Dawn by Janette Windle
17. Dead Lawyers Tell No Tales by Randy Singer
18. Poison by Jordyn Redwood
19. Grave Consequences by Lisa T. Bergren
20. Widow of Gettysbury by Jocelyn Green
21. Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
22. Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
23. Snow on the Tulips by Liz Tolsma (coming in July)
24. Unrivaled by Siri Mitchel
25. Sweet Mercy by Ann Tatlock
26. The Quarryman's Bride by Tracie Peterson
27. On Distant Shores by Sarah Sundin (coming in July)
28. Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert
29. Picture Perfect by Janice Thompson
30. If the Shoe Fits by Sandra D. Bricker
31. Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade
32. Catch a Falling Star by Beth Vogt
33. Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck
34. Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter (coming in late June)
35. The House That Love Built by Beth Webb Hart
36. Take a Chance on Me by Susan May Warren
37. Rosemary Cottage by Colleen Coble (coming in July)
38. In Broken Places by Michele Phoenix
39. The Offering by Angela Hunt
40. The Sky Beneath My Feet by Lisa Samson
41. Sleeping in Eden by Nicole Baart
42. Lock, Stock, and Over a Barrel by Melody Carlson
43. Unwritten by Charles Martin
44. The Wishing Tree by Marybeth Whalen
45. Welcome to Last Chance by Cathleen Armstrong (coming in July)
46. When the Morning Glory Blooms by Cynthia Ruchti
47. Pretty is as Pretty Does by Debby Mayne
48. Gone South by Meg Moseley
49. Grounded by Neta and Dave Jackson
50. Invisible by Ginny Yttrup
I'm sure there's way more great books that I'm missing, but these are a good start!