1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I don't usually give up things for Lent. It's not a custom that my church did when I was young, and I just never got in the habit of it. If I do try and then fail, it has only been yet another guilt-producing factor in my life, which I've found doesn't really draw me closer to God...you know what I mean? Guilt is bad for me.
The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat
pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is
actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't
I prefer waffles, especially when they are crunchy a bit. I like peanut and syrup on them for that sweet and salty combo!
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
Oh, how to choose? In our wedding we had "I will be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman, so that's always been a favorite!
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
I love to make things for people! There's something special about creating something for others!
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I like my roses to be pink! I can't remember the last time someone brought me flowers. My favorite is just a mixed bouquet of bright colors!
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I am not a big history buff. I did enjoy my visit to Montecello and the White House when I was young though. It would be cool to see the private parts of the White House!
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes. It's important to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I'm dreading it. I hate going to the dentist. Am I the only one?