It's very hot here in Wisconsin right now. I don't think I have ever seen so many consecutive days above 90 degrees. And 90 is starting to sound chilly compared to the 100+ temps for today and Thursday. Not to whine (ok, maybe a little), but it's just too hot to even go outside that much! (Did I mention that the humidity is high too? None of this dry heat stuff.) I'm not a big fan of being overly hot. My face gets all red and splotchy and I sweat too much. Not attractive. So, when we were first married, I made my husband promise me that I could always put on the air conditioner whenever I wanted. It was almost part of our vows. But even the air conditioner can only do so much on days like this.
So I'm trying to come up with things to do on really (miserable) hot days for my kids and me. Here's a start at my Top Ten Things to do on Oppressively Hot Days.
1. Read--inside next to the air conditioner. (duh)
2. Eat popcicles.
3. Mix together all the different kinds of Crystal Lite we have in the house.
4. Watch a movie next to the air conditioner.
5. Build and rebuild my daughter's Harry Potter lego buildings.
6. Look on Amazon.com for more Harry Potter Lego kits.
7. See how Crystal Lite mixtures taste when frozen.
8. Build a fort next to the air conditioner.
9. Thank God for the invention of air conditioners.
10. Watch a movie in the fort while eating a Crystal Lite popcicle next to the air conditioner.
Any other ideas?