Hi! I got tagged to list 101 random things about myself. I hope it's not too boring for you!
1. I had the same due date for both of my children. Ask my statistician husband what are the odds of that happening?
2. I don't like to travel. I like to stay home as much as possible. I even do most of my shopping online.
3. I love peanut butter on my waffles, smothered in syrup. But the syrup must be hot. Cold syrup is yucky.
4. I once got trapped by a garage door when my sweater caught on it as I was going under it and the door closed all the way with me having to lay down in front of it because I couldn't get the sweater unhooked in time. Then I almost got strangled by same sweater when my mother opened the garage door.
5. I love blogging and love the friends I've made through blogging (that would be you guys!)
6. I am taking web design classes...online of course. I wouldn't want to have to drive to a school.
7. I am terrified of driving in snow. This creates a problem between October and May when you live in Wisconsin.
8. I am closer in age to my oldest nephews and nieces than I am to my brothers.
9. I computerized our church library and personally typed in the info on over 5,000 books.
10. I have always wished I was athletic. Sadly I am only successful at Wii sports.
11. I am a video-gamer at heart. I love playing video games. I bought the Xbox for my husband of course.
12. I own over 1,000 books. I keep an excel spreadsheet of details about them and when I read them and when the next books I want to read will be released.
13. I had a male cat named "Cream Puff" when I was young. He was an outdoor cat and got in a lot of fights. My husband says he was picked on because of his name.
14. I have a phobia of the stomach flu. I know no one likes it, but I freak out whenever I hear of someone having it. I really freak out when my husband gets the flu.
15. I am totally crafty. I quilt, sew, knit, crochet, x-stitch, embroider, needlepoint, make soap, decorate cakes, bead, stamp, and whatever else.
16. I don't like sandwiches. Maybe it's from all the years eating them for lunch everyday at school.
17. I love black licorice. Not the Dutch salted kind though.
18. I asked my husband out on our first date. We were college "resident assistants" in the same dorm and I asked him if he thought we could be "more than friends." His dad called in the middle of our conversation. I was so sure John would say no that I told him "I hope we can still be friends" before he even answered. He actually said, "yes" and then we decided maybe we should hug on it or something. Awkward.
19. I tried to get my husband to ask me out first. There was a poster for a play being put on at our college and I pointed it out to him and said, "I'd sure like to go to that if I had someone to go with." He never caught on.
20. I play fantasy football with my family and am obsessed with checking my scores.
21. I am allergic to blueberries and seasame seeds.
22. My youngest was born on April Fools Day. When my water broke that morning my husband thought it was an April Fools Joke. He should've known I would never joke about labor.
23. On a serious note, I am struggling almost daily to live with chronic health problems because of my hormone deficiencies. There is no way to describe how much those little hormone dudes can affect my well-being. It has been a 6-year battle to figure out what to do and now add strange muscle jerks. I am frustrated. (sorry for the downer)
24. My husband has a fabulous sense of humor that most people don't get to see because he's usually so serious. He can do silly dances, mimic George Bush (senior), play practical jokes (like blocking a door with stacks of toliet paper taped together), and gets the biggest kick out of movies like "Airplane."
25. My oldest daughter needs less sleep than I do but can't stand being awake when I'm asleep. This creates a problem.
26. I love making lists.
27. I am more organized on paper than I am in reality.
28. I would rather text than talk on the phone.
29. I have struggled with my weight since 6th grade. My 6th grade teacher told me I was "husky" and used me as an example in front of the class. He was my cousin.
30. I started working in first grade, picking strawberries and getting paid by the pound. We worked 6 days/week from 7am to 3pm.
31. I worked many summers on a raspberry picking machine. I picked bugs and leaves out of the berries as I rode on top of a tractor.
32. I love going to plays and musicals and have secretly wanted to work backstage.
33. I think peanut butter and chocolate together are fabulous!
34. I don't have very many girlfriends, but I am really loyal to the ones I have.
35. I have big teeth.
36. My husband hates clutter.
37. It's hard for a really crafty person not to have clutter.
38. My Grandma Grace was amazing and made me feel special all the time. She let me paint, watch soap operas, and made books out of old walpaper pieces.
39. I grew up by mountains and still miss them all the time.
40. I worked as an event planner for 2 years and the stress nearly killed me.
41. My secret wish would be to be able to dance. A beautiful dance speaks to my heart. Maybe I'll have a dancer's body in heaven!
42. I have way too much guilt.
43. I used to write a lot of poetry. I quit for 20 years and just started again.
44. I have a really hard time feeling "good enough" at anything.
45. I have a really hard time accepting unconditional love.
46. I say I'm sorry way too much.
47. I don't really like vegetables.
48. My grandparents were Dutch.
49. My parents both have large families and I have tons and tons of cousins. Many I've never met.
50. I have really bad eyesight. I can't see anything without contacts/glasses.
51. I don't get tans. My skin is either pasty or red.
52. I don't get yoga. It's hard and makes me stressed, not relaxed.
53. I am a fast typer. Do they still give typing tests for job interviews?
54. I love figuring out how to do things on the computer.
55. I have really small hands for my height.
56. Grammar is really important to me.
57. My husband is obsessed with recycling. I don't like rinsing out the peanut butter jar to recycle it.
58. I really like Diet Dr. Pepper! And Root Beer.
59. I used to get licorice ice cream when I was a kid. It makes your tongue black!
60. My dad was once the mayor of my hometown.
61. I have watched "Sense and Sensability" over and over.
62. I love it when my husband says we can order Chinese food.
63. My daughter hates Chinese food.
64. I have the most beautiful daughters in the whole world. They are my sunshine and inspiration.
65. My daughters are very smart, especially in math.
66. I once got trapped in a glass elevator in the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. It wouldn't stop going up and down over and over.
67. I had a bat living in my dorm room. I trapped it with a garbage can.
68. I love to bake.
69. I love taking bubble baths.
70. I am always worrying about getting things done. I don't relax very well.
71. I like watching "Survivor" with my daughter. And "Amazing Race."
72. My youngest daughter measures time in "Hannah Montana" episodes. If something will take 15 minutes, she'll say "How long is that?" and I'll say, "A half of a Hannah Montana episode."
73. I was born 2 months early.
74. I always wished I had a different first name. I wanted to be "Jessica" or "Elizabeth" something girly and pretty.
75. I have never tried skiing even though I grew up by mountains, including the Whistler ski resort.
76. All three of my brothers got married in the same summer. I was 9 and got 3 new dresses in one summer. My mom sewed all of them.
77. My mom makes amazing quilts. She hand quilts them. They are amazing heirlooms.
78. My dad fixes antique tractors. He shows them off in my home town's "Antique Tractor Show."
79. My dad drives a tractor to go out to lunch in my hometown. He pulls my daughters in a trailer behind it and buys them milkshakes.
80. Green is my favorite color. I love purple too.
81. My youngest daughter collects zebras. She is obsessed with them. Her bedroom has pink walls with a zebra border.
82. My husband is tall. Our children are tall.
83. I hate being fat more than anything in the world.
84. Parents who don't obey the "no parking" signs at school make me really mad. Parents who speed in the school zone make me really mad too. If they don't follow the rules, why are they surprised when their kids don't?
85. I absolutely love "Les Miserable" the musical. It inspires me.
86. I also love the "High School Musicals." I could watch them over and over.
87. I'm worried you must be bored now.
88. I hate confrontation.
89. I worry way too much.
90. I worry way too much about what people think of me.
91. I want to get a puppy, but am afraid of how much work it will be. I'm afraid my husband will be worried about the floors too much.
92. My husband is obsessed with clean floors.
93. I miss my college friends, but am terrible with keeping in touch with them.
94. I want my house to be a favorite hang-out place for my kids' friends.
95. I hate wearing colored nail polish. I think it accentuates how short my fingers are.
96. I love to decorate with pillows. I love how changing the pillows makes the room look totally different.
97. I am not very fashion forward. I only ever use one purse. I never wear heels.
98. I wish I was more fashion forward, but don't have the confidence. Plus I don't like shopping for myself.
99. I struggle with shame all the time.
100. I have a secret dream of owning a quilter's retreat lodge.
101. I can't believe I thought of that many things to say about myself.